What We Learned Wednesday – Perserverance
Today’s blog post comes from Mrs. Charleszetta Ford who is the current Physical Education teacher at HOPE Academy. In class Mrs. Ford focuses on health and well being both physically and mentally, but also spiritually. She makes it a point to teach each of her students the importance of perseverance, especially with HOPE Academy’s current unit virtue of perseverance.
Sometimes, life throws a curveball that momentarily knocks you off of your feet. Your flesh tells you to stay down, but your spirit reminds you that God’s Word says “to glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance.” (Romans 5:3).
Quitting is not an option because of God’s purpose for your life. Often times, someone else’s life depends on you not giving up when things get hard. This is not an easy concept, but with some skills overcoming obstacles can be possible.
The following 5 tips will help you to persevere:
1. Begin your day with prayer asking God for wisdom and direction for your life.
2. Set aside time to read God’s word so that you know His promises for yourself. Knowing God’s Word for you and applying His Word to your life daily is guaranteed to increase your faith.
3. Write down your visions and dreams that you are believing God to bring to pass. Having your thoughts on paper allows you to look back and remember where God has brought you from, giving you the courage to continue the journey God has set before you.
4. Give God praise even during the storm.
5. Always remember that “faith without works is dead” (James 2:26).
Numerous times in my life, I have wanted to throw in the towel when things didn’t go my way. Personally, I have used the 5 tips above for years now and I know without a doubt, that these things have been the reason I was able to persevere when all odds were against me.
Look at how God favored me by giving me the privilege to teach PE at Hope Academy! If I would have given up on the idea of implementing my PE program at a private or charter school, weekly, because of all of the No’s I received, then I would not be here today.
What trials are you facing that you need to overcome? How have you persevered in the past? Please prayerfully consider sharing your story to help inspire others.