HOPE Academy Elementary (K-5) Lead Teachers champion the vision and mission of HOPE Academy by partnering with parents in the educational and spiritual development of their students. Teachers utilize national standards and engaging instructional strategies to develop integrated and multidisciplinary learning experiences both for the classroom and home instruction. This position includes a combination of on-campus instruction and work from home.
Elementary Lead Teachers instruct all grade-level core academic subjects and support parents as co-teachers through detailed lesson plans and regular communication. K-5 Teachers utilize off-campus school days to plan
lessons and correspond with parents through email communication. Elementary Lead Teachers collaborate with Elementary Teaching Assistants to facilitate small group instruction and other duties related to effective classroom management and achievement of learning outcomes. Teachers have multiple weekly planning sessions during on-campus school days.
STATUS: Part-time, 10-month, approximately 28 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Combination of on-campus instruction and work from home. Ability to support school functions, which occasionally occur on evenings and weekends.
● Acknowledges full agreement with the HOPE Academy Statement of Faith
● Demonstrates a deep and abiding faith in Christ
● Passionate about discipling the next generation for Christ in partnership with families.
● Bachelor’s Degree in education and/or subject-related field.
● Minimum of three years of successful public and/or independent school teaching experience.
● Demonstrated knowledge and ability to use data to inform decisions and implement best pedagogical practices.
● Adept at curriculum planning, making multidisciplinary connections, and engaging students in meaningful, collaborative and enjoyable learning
● Capacity to embrace challenges and thrive in an environment where creative ideas, intellectual curiosity, independent thinking, personal accountability, and close collegial relationships are appreciated.
● Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
● Experience building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships and cultivating a caring environment for students, staff, volunteers, and all school families.
● Exhibits diplomacy and discretion, adhering to the highest ethical standards.
Salary is dependent on experience and a tuition discount is provided for all children that attend HOPE Academy. Technology is provided to all lead teachers to promote effective and efficient on-campus and off-campus planning and communication. Health and retirement benefits are currently unavailable.
ABOUT HOPE ACADEMY
HOPE Academy is a K-12 private, Christian, University-Model® School in Concord, NC. HOPE is entering its tenth year, recently celebrated its first graduating class in 2019, and was accredited through COGNIA (formerly
SACS/CASI) in 2018. HOPE partners with families through a unique schedule that allows parents to have more time and influence in their children’s lives while simultaneously engaging students in relevant and meaningful
learning experiences. HOPE prepares students for success in college and beyond by utilizing Project-Based Learning (PBL) as a cornerstone.
AT HOPE, WE…
● Love well.
● Learn constantly and execute with a growth mindset.
● Work with excellence.
● Balance big vision and daily tasks.
● Collaborate with enthusiasm and humility.
● Assume the best.
AT HOPE, YOU WILL…
● Serve with professionals who are passionate about Jesus, children, family, and learning.
● Experience work that has eternal significance and influence.
● Be supported by loving and invested people.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Hope Academy students courageously develop their Christ-like identity, cultivate their unique gifts, and engage as active learners within an authentic community.