After speaking with Mrs. Harris this morning, we are planning to move the high school field trip one hour early so the students can tour the 7th Street Public Market (http://www.
7thstreetpublicmarket.com/) prior to our Library Tour. Mrs. Harris would like for students to see authentic businesses in action by visiting two of the four shops (Local Loaf Bakery, Hazelnuts Creperie, Orrman’s Cheese Shop, and Greenman Farms Farmer’s Market). Students can also bring their lunch and purchase a small snack or purchase their entire lunch at this market. It is recommended that students bring a minimum of $10 (but possibly up to $15) for lunch. The following is the schedule for Tuesday (tomorrow):
7:45 – 8:00 Carline – Student to provide signed permission slip to Mrs. Bordeaux/Mrs. Fillmer at the door
8:00 – 8:30 Study Hall in Fireside Room
8:30 – 9:25 English
Give Mrs. Fillmer a $2 per student contribution for gas money (for their driver)
Turn in Mon. History homework (Secular Humanism written assignment)
9:30 – 10:25 Biology
10:30 – 11:30 Geometry
11:30 – 12:00 Give Mrs. Fillmer a $2 per student contribution for gas money (for their driver)
Mrs. Fillmer will hand each student a Culinary form to use at the market
12:00 – 12:50 Dine at and tour 7th Street Public Market
1:00 – 3:00 Library Tour
3:00 – 3:30 Return to school in time for carline
Students should bring the following to school:
1. $2 for parking
2. Money for either lunch or a snack at the market
3. Tote bag for students to bring home checked out books (Mrs. Fillmer will check out books).
4. Pen or Pencil
5. Spiral bound notebook or paper for writing
6. Recommended 4×6 notecards (3×5 are fine, too)
7. Mecklenburg County Library Card (if you have one). Fees greater than $5 will need to be paid. The library card will need to have access to check out adult books since all books from this library are considered “adult” books.
8. Cash for the copier/printer – .25 cents per page. Reference books cannot be checked out, so you’ll want to make copies of the pages.
9. Bring a flash drive to scan and save articles or pages.
10. You may wear jeans and a HOPE t-shirt. The high will be 73 and the low will be 53 degrees.