- Clean your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people (at least 6 feet).
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
- CDC recommends that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings and when around people outside of their household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Cloth face coverings may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.
– This information is from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for more information head to their website: CDC Website
We began building our COVID-19 Task Force in April in preparation for the 2020-2021 school year. This task force is being guided by the recommendations of state and federal government and health agencies. Within this group, we are exploring new and specific resources that will serve HOPE Academy throughout the school year.
Our task force is focusing on the following areas:
- Health & Safety
- Community Engagement
Thank you to the task force leaders and the 35 other staff and parent volunteers who are providing professional guidance through this process.
What parents are saying:
“The faculty and staff have done an excellent job with this transition! We could not be more pleased in the professionalism and quality of instruction that has resulted from this unexpected challenge. We are especially thankful because the assignments have been very clear with simple instructions. There have not been confusing and stressful projects or assignments. We thank you for that because we just don’t want to add any stress at this time. We appreciate uplifting and encouraging assignments. We love focusing on the good. Also, the assignments are interesting! Our son is learning so much and he likes doing his assignments on-line! We appreciate your grace, kindness and hard work! May all of your families be healthy and safe during this time.”
“We loved HOPE and the teachers before this virus, but since, everything about HOPE has become all the more endearing as we’ve worked together in a different light.”
“All the kids are getting more time to explore their interest or to read more than usual. My oldest student is practicing piano more; our middle student took up drawing and our youngest doing art and baking. Also one of our students learning how to put go-cart together and take care of rabbits. We would not have had time for all of this before. God is good!”
“The transitions have been very smooth between school and at-home learning. It is just like a regular homestudy day and is not super complicated.”
“Love the links that are being provided for the lessons and worship. I feel that it give my daughter a break from “mom-the-teacher”. We also love that both art and music is still being included. We are using both of those subjects as “craft time” and include our younger sibling in the fun!”
“Schedule is posted on time and all the relevant information is posted. Teachers are responding to work, questions and grading really quickly. The teachers have found fun ways to keep the teaching easy, like using videos and kahoots etc. The Math videos Mr Parks posts are fantastic – so very helpful.”