OUR MISSION STATEMENT
- To provide a Christ-centered, college preparatory, academic program that fosters lifelong learning.
- To create a learning community where teachers’ and students’ individual gifts, talents, and ideas are cultivated.
- To maintain family as the central spiritual and instructional influence in our children’s lives.
- To raise servant leaders who will impact the world for the cause of Christ.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe in one God, Creator of the Universe, who was and is and is to come. Genesis 1:1
- We believe in a triune God: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit. Matthew 3:16-17
- We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God who was born of a virgin, blamelessly carried out His Father’s Ministry on this earth and was crucified for the atonement of all mankind’s sin. Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35
- We believe Jesus Christ rose from the dead after three days and later ascended to heaven to be at the right hand of the Father. Mark 16:19
- We believe Jesus Christ is the intercessor between us and God and it is through His forgiveness and atoning grace that we may trust Him as our Lord and Savior and have eternal life. John 3:16, Romans 8:34
- We believe an abundant Christian life is rooted in an active relationship with Christ, developed through prayer and the reading and applying of scripture. John 5:24, John 10:27-29, Romans 3:23-24, Romans 4:4-5, Ephesians 2:4-5
- We believe that once a person puts their faith in Christ as their Savior, their salvation is eternally secure. John 5:24, John 6:37, John 10:27-29
- We believe God sent His Spirit to dwell in believers and carry out His work on this earth by gifting believers according to the purpose for which they have been called. We believe the Spirit is at work in and through the lives of believers in very real and tangible ways. Romans 8:13
- We believe it is our purpose to honor God through a faithful, obedient life, and to spread the word of God across the entire world. Psalm 96:3, Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15
- We believe the Bible is the inerrant, authoritative, inspired word of God. 2 Timothy 3:15-17
- We believe the Bible defines marriage as the covenantal, exclusive union of one man and one woman intrinsically ordered for procreation and a biological family. Sexual intimacy is a gift from God and has its proper place only within the context of marriage. Genesis 1:27-28, Genesis, 2:18-24, Ephesians 5:31-33
- We believe that God created mankind in His image: male (man) and female (woman), sexually different but with equal personal dignity. Genesis 1:27
- We believe in the second coming of Christ. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-5:4, Hebrews 10:25
- We believe God’s character to be just, merciful, forgiving and loving. Deuteronomy 32:4, Psalms 34:8, Psalm 145:8, Romans 9:15-16, I John 4:7-8
HOPE Academy is an independently governed private Christian school with 501(c)(3) nonprofit status. It is governed by a Board of Directors. It is not a ministry of any church or denominational body, nor does it promote or endorse any denomination. It is our desire to maintain this position for unity and fairness to each student, avoiding any dissension that may be caused by denominational differences. As a Christian organization, all board, faculty, and staff profess faith in Jesus Christ.
HOPE is designated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and is held accountable by a Governing Board of Directors that helps protect the vision and mission of Hope Academy. At quarterly meetings, our board prayerfully oversees policy, budget and visionary decisions to uphold the mission and ensure fiscal responsibility.
In the fall of 2014, HOPE began the process of establishing an Advisory Board to complement the existing Governing Board. Advisory Board members provide expert counsel to the Governing Board in areas such as legal matters and theology.
Here is our current Governing Board of Directors:
- Paul Elliott – Board Chairman
- Courtney Elliott – Co-Founder and Head of School
- Heather Henry – Co-Founder and Program Support Director
- Olivier Henry – Director
- Anne Roe – Director, Secretary
- Phil Roe – Director
- Mike Honeycutt – Director
- Matt Diamond – Director